Monday, February 11, 2008

join me?


today marks the beginning of my 10 week training plan for the salt lake half marathon. it will include intense interval workouts, weekly tempo runs and guided mileage for the weekends. chloe posted some awesome thoughts on her blog on why a half marathon is the perfect distance for runners. google "april half marathon" or visit active.com to find 13.1 miles in your area. it just might change your life.
if you want the training schedule in excel format, just email me. my email addresses is under my complete profile.

4 comments:

  1. I just printed out the training calendar and put it up in my cubicle. To be honest, it looks so intimidating since I feel like I haven't had the time or energy to do anything lately. But I'm slowly getting my school calendar under control (with observing, tutoring, teaching, and studying for comps), so hopefully I can get my workout schedule under control next. So much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life totally gets in the way, huh? It's always a balance, but when you take time to exercise, somehow I feel I have the energy to get everything else done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is half marathon pace? For us new-to-running people I need a time frame or need to know that I should be running an X minute mile or something since I've never run a race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for me, my half marathon goal pace is 8 minutes, 57 seconds per mile (8:57). that ends up being a 1 hour 58 minute half marathon.

    what i would decide is how fast you'd like to run your first half marathon ... 2 hours? (9:00 minute mile), 2:10 (10:00 minute mile) and then deem that as your half marathon pace.

    does that help? JACEY you should RUN IT!!! i would love to see you there.

    ReplyDelete