what a great race, and a challenging course! i had such a fun time running this half, though i didn't even come close to my goal time. ah, maybe next time.
highlights of the race:
- a small, local race with a lot of fun, local runners
- a course that wound through three universities, two golf course communities, and a charming downtown greensboro
- early morning chat time with jona driving to the race (yep, 4am!)
- taking maggie with us, who was the belle of the race. even the local news crew took footage of her for their coverage of the marathon
- taking on an unexpected challenge of a hilly course - up and down and up and down
- eating french toast at cracker barrel in burlington afterwards
- finishing my 12th half marathon!